Thursday, April 11, 2013

Last Day in Thailand

Preparing to come home. I'm at the mission home and it is now the last evening I will spend here on my mission. I am going to miss this place. It's weird that this is my last day. I sold my bike to a member that offered me 2000 baht, so I took it. The office can buy them from us for about 1500-3000 but a member wanted it for her son and it will be nice for me to not have to take it on the bus back to Bangkok. Taking it around everywhere is a pain. I am never riding a bike again after my mission by the way! haha.

Besides the most important reason I came here, to find and teach the Thai people about God and His plan for them which I love doing, there are many other things I will miss. Here are a few of them -

Playing ping pong. I have always loved playing ping pong and was lucky to have a table in two of my houses on my mission - Surin and Phitsanulok. Some of the churches I've served in have ping pong tables too - Bangkapi and Sakon. It's pretty fun. Elder Wood is probably the best at ping pong of any of my comps, actually Elder Campbell was pretty good too. I would say that is the sport that a lot of Thai's are good at, even the girls that hit it around are pretty good.


Good lookin' fish like these at a street vendor in Nakhon Sawan...uh risky.


Playing basketball every Saturday morning with the branch. Gonna miss this alot!!!


Service projects - Here we painted a school.


Swensen's ice cream of course.


Sweet gifts from sweet people here in Thailand -


I know the church is true. I know God is our Father in heaven and He loves us and I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that God has a plan for all his children and that this life is the time for us to prepare to meet Him again. I love this work and I love all of you. Thank you for your faith and prayers in my behalf these last two years.

See you tomorrow.